Maui Events by Month
Choose a month to see what’s happening on Maui. KEEP IN MIND: We usually don’t update the month until the month before, so some of these posts are for last year’s events. Each month will share when it was published.
Some of our own personal favorite things to do each month on Maui:
- January on Maui – Slack Key Guitar Show, comedy, concerts, trivia nights, and farmer’s markets.
- February on Maui – This is peak Maui whale watch season. WHALE SOUP!
- March on Maui – Farmer’s Markets, Craft Fair, and live music.
- April on Maui – Maui Marathon, Color Festival, concerts.
- May on Maui – Just before Mother’s Day, this Craft Fair is held at Seabury Hall with crafts booths, great food, and fun for the kids. Learn more about the Seabury Hall Craft Fair.
- June on Maui – Kaanapali Beach Resort Association hosts the Wa’a Kiakahi Canoe Festival run by the Hawaiian Sailing Canoe Association. You can also attend the annual Maui Whale Festival.
- July on Maui – Easily one of the best events of the year on Maui, The Maui Film Festival is unlike any other film festival in the world. Most of the venues are open-air with ocean views. The parties and showings are during 1 week in June or July.
- August on Maui – Farmer’s markets and last beach sessions before school starts! We also see Maui fires in the summer too.
- September on Maui – Usually held at the end of September, the Maui County Fair is a local favorite. With dozens of rides, fun games, informative booths, and delicious Funnel Cakes, you won’t be disappointed with the Maui County Fair.
- October on Maui – The Historic Lahaina Town on the West side of Maui hosts quite possibly the nation’s best Halloween celebration. Front Street is closed down from vehicles, and pedestrians in incredible outfits flow through the long oceanfront street.
- November on Maui –
- December on Maui – Santa comes in in an outrigger canoe (in multiple spots on the island), giant Christmas tree lightings, and the whales arrive!