You know what’s better than spending Valentine’s Day with the person you love? Spending Valentine’s Day with the person you love in Maui. Between the sunsets, the long strolls on the beach and star gazing from Haleakala, Maui is pretty much the cream of the crop for romantic destinations.
Here are our top picks for 2014 Valentine’s Day Events in Maui:
- Pride of Maui Sunset Valentine’s Day Cruise: What do you get when you combine delicious food, an open bar, live music and people in love on a boat? A damn good time. The cruise leaves from Maalaea Harbor and you can read more and purchase tickets here. Call toll free at 877.867.7433. (Adults Only – $99.95)
- Kai Kanani Valentine’s Day Sunset Cruise: If you’re in South Maui, check out Kai Kanani’s sunset cruise from the beach in front of Makena Beach and Golf Resort. Includes open bar, appetizers and a sunset sail around Wailea. Read more and purchase tickets here. Call directly at 808.879.7218. (Adults – $95.48, Children – $76.19)
- Piiholo Zipline: If you’re looking for something different, check out Piiholo Zipline, which offers the longest side-by-side zipline experience in Hawaii. Nothing says “I love you” like racing your significant other down a zipline on the side of a volcano. Read more about the tour options here. Call toll free at 800.374.7050. (Must be at least 8 years of age; Zipline Tours – $140 to $190; Zipline Canopy Tours – $90 to $165; Xtreme Zip/Climb Tour – $174)
- Travaasa Hana: Want to frolic in a waterfall, sink your toes into a black sand beach and sit in a hot tub on your own lanai? Check out the Travaasa Hana, an exceptional resort where relax is always the word of the day. Valentine’s Day events include horseback riding, fruit tasting, lei making, live music and candlelight meditation. Visit their website or call directly at 888.820.1043 for reservations.
- “Sea of Love” Valentine’s Dinner: This year, Maui Ocean Center is hosting a special Valentine’s dinner in the aquarium! Enjoy a four course meal by James Beard Nominee Chef Henry Tariga and the Seascape Ma’alaea Restaurant while surrounded by some of Maui’s most beautiful underwater life. Read more here and call 808.270.7088 for reservations. View the full menu here. (Adults – $119 per person, plus gratuity and tax; includes complimentary lei and sparkling wine toast; seating times between 6pm – 8pm)
Whatever your Valentine’s Day consists of, make it a memorable one in paradise by doing something you love!