While doctors, nutritionists, fitness experts and scientists have made plenty of insightful breakthroughs in regards to the best ways to keep healthy, fit, hydrated and nourished, there’s always room to grow and make improvements in our day-to-day lives.
If you’ve been searching for a way to boost your physical, psychological and emotional wellness, you might want to consider acupuncture and herbal medicine.
Located on Maui’s north shore in Haiku, Three Treasures is home to a range of local professionals in several fields, including Acupuncturists, Herbalists, Holistic Chefs and more. With an understanding that “health and wellbeing mean more than just freedom from disease,” Three Treasures offers a range of expert services, including acupuncture, herbal medicine, an herbal pharmacy, and even eye care services for people suffering from a number of common eye diseases.
If you’ve been looking to change up or extend your health regime, we recommend a consultation and visit to their Maui location.
The Benefits of Acupuncture
Even if you’re not a fan of needles (I mean, is anyone really a fan of needles?!), acupuncture offers some tremendous health benefits you may not have yet considered, and with the expert touch of experienced Acupuncturists, you’ll quickly realize the benefits outweigh the hesitation.
Believed to have originated in China around 100 BC with needles made from substances like iron, copper, bronze, silver and gold, acupuncture continues to be widely regarded for its many possible health benefits, including:
- Effectiveness in controlling certain types of pain
- Indigestion symptoms commonly experienced during pregnancy
- Relief from hot flashes in those being treated with anti-estrogen tamoxifen following surgery for breast cancer
- Treating lower back pain, fibromyalgia, migraines, post-operative dental pain, chemo-induced nausea and vomiting, osteoarthritis, hypertension, painful periods (Source: Medical News Today)
- Reduced symptoms for seasonal allergy sufferers, depression, stress, insomnia, infections, heartburn and acid reflux disease (Source: Prevention)
- Eye problems such as Macular Degeneration, Diabetic Retinopathy, Retinitis Pigmentosa, Glaucoma, Stargardt’s Disease, etc.
- Muscle-skeletal issues like rotator calf, TMJ, Plantar Fasciitis, Tendonitis, knee issues, slipped discs, neuropathies, etc.
- Restlessness, emotional instability
- Digestive and Elimination issues
- Respiratory problems
- And many more!
While more than one session is typically recommended depending on what you’re struggling with, we suggest giving it a try, as noticeable pain relief is possible from the very first session.
The Benefits of Herbal Medicine
With an abundantly stocked pharmacy of Chinese, Western and Ayurvedic herbs, Three Treasures also makes their own line of specialized ‘Sanbao Medicinals’ herbal teas, ointments, elixirs, massage oils and tinctures.
“One of the most ancient, preserved and developed herbal paradigms,” Chinese Herbal Medicine allows nature’s finest to detoxify, balance, strengthen, nourish and even cure you of some of the common health problems listed below:
- Lack of energy, colds, lung congestion, allergies
- Digestive problems, diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, heart palpitation, migraines, liver ailments
- Skin problems like acne, psoriasis and dermatitis
- Adrenal fatigue, urinary infection, arthritis, anxiety, depression, radio and chemo support, water retention, prostatic disorders, etc.
- Women’s health problems relating to PMS, menses, fertility issues, pregnancy, menopause and hormonal imbalances
Staff members will gladly recommend tincture and/or other herbal formulas, in addition to information about how to consume them, whether to put it in a certain food, regularly consume a specific tea drink, etc.
For more information about Acupuncture services or Chinese Herbal Medicine, or to arrange a consultation, please visit Three Treasures or call 808-575-9888. As always, mahalo for reading, and wishing you better health and happiness in no time!